It was built between 1730 and 1732 on the foundations of the former church by the engineer-captain Johann Farolsky from Mainz. The parish was first mentioned in documents in 1239. In 1775, Johann Baptist Enderle (1725-1798), who came from Ulm / Söflingen, created the Late Baroque frescoes in the nave and the raised presbytery as well as on both gallery parapets. The frescoes in the nave show four main motives. The Flagellation of Peter and Paul, The Crucifixion of Peter, Peter and Paul in Rome and the Farewell of the Two Apostles in front of the Ostia Gate. At the end of the Second World War, the church roof was badly damaged. The wooden beams inserted during the reconstruction were treated with an oil-based insecticide, which severely damaged the ceiling frescoes over time. The interior was restored from the year 2000 to 2005 at a cost of several million Euros. The money for this was donated, amongst others, by citizens of Hochheim. A working technique, unknown to date, was developed especially for this purpose. In 1986/1987, in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Father Reichwein’s priesthood, the forecourt of the church was renovated.