The Zeppelin memorial at Kornsand, in Trebur’s district Geinsheim, is reminiscent of the emergency landing of the Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin and his zeppelin in August 1908.
The memorial was built in 1909. It is a reminiscent of the emergency landing of the Count Zeppelin’s airship LZ 4 in the early evening of August the fourth, 1908. The so called „flying cigar“ was on its first long-distant flight from Friedrichshafen at the Lake Constance to Mainz. At 10 pm, after the successful repair of the engine, the Zeppelin continued its flight. But after another emergency landing in Echterdingen near Stuttgart, the air ship LZ 4 burnt on the ground.