Kurpark , 61348Bad Homburg vor der Höhe
Open 24 hours
In 1907, King Chulalongkorn of Siam came to the spa town to cure an illness; out of gratitude, he gifted a temple to the town.
The two bright golden pavillions with their rich adornments are havens of tranquility and contemplation in the Kurpark, and evidence of the close bond that has existed between Thailand and Bad Homburg for more than 100 years. Their origins date back to 1907 when King Chulalongkorn of Siam came to the spa town to cure an illness. Out of gratitude, he gifted a temple to the town, which was made in Bangkok, dismantled, and shipped over in individual parts. As a result of the delay, it was not until May 22, 1914 that the "Siamese Temple" as it was then known was inaugurated in the presence of Prince Mahidol of Siam. In commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the King's stay, the Thai Royal Family decided to make a further visible gesture to demonstrate the bond: In 2007, King Bhumibol and Queen Sirikit gifted the second Thai-Sala to Bad Homburg.