In 1764, Ludwig VIII gave the former Prettlackschen Garden to his son, Prince Georg Wilhelm. The garden, which bears his name, was of a closed geometric shape. Today the baroque garden house is home to the porcelain collection of the grand duchy.
Official content of
A free public library can be found in the prettily painted and renovated Prettlackschen garden house. The basic structure of the garden has remained unchanged over the centuries.