In 1716 Count Ernst Ludwig established a baroque orangery garden in Bessungen. His architect Louis Remy de la Fosse planned a small castle to be used as winter quarters for the valuable citrus trees. Lack of money meant that only the west wing and a greenhouse were built. These buildings are used today as a restaurant and as a venue for various events.
Alle Rechte vorbehalten