During his time in Frankfurt, Hans Thoma (1839-1924) painted a cycle of six murals and a supraport for the Gerlach couple for their villa in Guiollettstraße starting in 1874. The villa later became the property of the Jewish couple Ullmann. In order to pay the Jewish property tax and Reichsfluchtsteuer, the widow Ullmann was forced to sell this cycle in 1938; it was dispersed at auction in 1954. The Historical Museum, in consultation with the heirs of the Ullmann family, succeeded in reuniting the cycle. It is now being exhibited for the first time.