At end of upper Nerotal, one of the valleys leading out of the city, is the end of the lower Neroberg funicular railway. Attached is a bathroom building in half-timbered construction, completed by Felix Genzmer in the years of 1897/98. Today a museum which shows the history of the Nerobergbahn is housed there. In 1888, the Nerobergbahn was opened, since then its engineering has remained unchanged. The railway, powered by the weight of wate, whose carriages are designed to conform to the inclination, climb up the 438.5 meters in only a few minutes to the top of the Neroberg, overcoming a steady gradient of 25%. Two carriages are connected to each other by a steel cable and meet in the middle of the line where sidings permit them to pass each other. To save on drinking water the roughly 7.000 Liters of water are emptied into a catch basin nowadays and transported back up again with pumps.
April 10:00 to 19:00.
From june to august you can get married in the Nerobergbahn. The wedding ceremony takes place during a Special ride that is interrupted for the ceremony at one of the best views of the track.