The two brightly golden pavilions with their rich adornments are a heaven of tranquility and contemplation at the Kurpark and evidence of the close bond between Thailand and Bad Homburg for more than 100 years. Their origin dates back to 1907 when King Chulalongkorn of Siam visited the spa town to cure an illness. Out of gratitude he gifted a temple to the town which was made in Bangkok, dismantled and shipped over in individual parts. As a result of the delay it was not until May 22 1914 that the "Siamese Temple", as it was called back then, was inaugurated in presence of Prince Mahidol of Siam. In commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the King´s stay the Thai Royal Family decided to make a further visible gesture to demonstrate the bond: In 2007, King Bhumibol and Queen Sirikit gifted the second Thai-Sala to Bad Homburg.